Position announcement for Project Manager
Shaoor Foundation for Education and Awareness (SFEA) announces a position of project manager under its program area of governance and democracy. The assignment mainly revolves around training and advocacy on fundamental human rights. It also requires close coordination with parliamentary forums and the parliamentarians. Stationed at Islamabad, the assignment will require travelling to provincial capitals as well. SFEA will offer competitive salary package based on experience and expertise of selected candidate.
Eligible candidate should ideally have a master degree in any discipline of social sciences with a proven history of working on themes related to governance and democracy, experience of working with parliamentary institutions and elected representatives will be added advantage.
Deadline to apply:
Interested candidates send their resume with cover letter to email@example.com on or before April 27, 2020.
Terms of reference:
The selected candidate shall be responsible to perform following functions.
- Manage the SFEA’s engagement with parliamentary bodies on human rights.
- Keep close contact and liaison with the National assembly’s program management unit.
- Plan trainings of the parliamentarians on human rights
- Carry out all required commination and coordination with parliamentarians for training program
- Plan and lead all activities of the project
- Coordinate with the trainers and consultants for content and manual development.
- Keep close liaison with the prominent human rights initiatives in the country including to contribute in national human rights drive as well as get support for SFEA’s work.
- Coordinate with the local outreach partners to carry out the project activities and uphold the cause of human rights.
- Cary out field visits to the marginalized communities in and around provincial capitals with the help of SFEA outreach partners.
- Conduct Interface meetings of the parliamentarians with marginalized communities in provincial capitals and neighboring districts.
- Supervise the project team in carrying out all project tasks.
- Keep close coordination and communication SFEA support units for smooth execution of project.
- Make sure project message is disseminated through all traditional and social media platforms
- Make sure that all project targets are successfully achieved in timely manner and reported to the donor before the prescribed deadline.
- Report to Director Programs for regular updates, feedback and supervisory guidance.
- Carry out another task that the higher management of SFEA assigns.